Monday, August 25, 2008

Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Rajsamand, My feelings and emotions for JNVR

I dwell upon a feeling of buoyant proud acclaiming to anyone that I am a student of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Rajsamand. Interestingly, this is the only Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya in the Country the name of which coincides with the name of the district it is situated in. I beg your pardon and seek correction if I am wrong.
The day on which I was selected for J.N.V has a due place in my memories. For me it was dream come true. While I was in primary school, I was awed and amazed by the display of discipline of J.N.V students on the Independence Day and Republic Day Parades.
JNV Rajsamant, cluster tournament
Photo: Jiten Bhandari, Orkut

My father did all he could do to get me in the J.N.V. he bought for me The Amar Navodaya Guide and thus began my preparations for the entrance exams. We even went to meet Mishraji, the principal of the school, a humble and down to earth man.
Mishra ji, one of the best principles of JNV Rajsamand
Photo: Basant Jain, Orkut

My entrance exam was something about which I felt so happy as I remember that there was no question beyond the limits of my reasoning. I was among those few students who were selected in the urban category.
It was 5th July 1990 and I was 10 years old when I became a part of the J.N.V family. Unlike many others, I didn’t cry even on the first day of the school. I was filled with a feeling of joy. We were issued all the necessary stuffs on the first day itself. An under such strict discipline I looked forward to utilize the next seven years of my life productively, without my parents. Those seven years that I spent in the school were the most volatile years, a period of transition and development, physical, mental and emotional, namely adolescence.
Maheshwari ji, Mathematics teacher, JNVR
Mine was one the important Navodaya of Jaipur region. It had got the best biology, mathematics, music and Hindi teacher of the state (and I hope that the school has still maintained that standard, the music band of JNVR was very famous and proves to be superior to the police band.
Kedar ji, HIndi teacher JNVR and Renu madan, librarian
Photo: Jiten Bhandari, Orkut

I completed my seven important in 1997; I was one of the average students. Now I am doing my Ph.D. Today whatever I am, I think that there is a great contribution from the things I learned from the school

What I learned at Navodaya is something that I couldn’t I had been in some other school.
This question is really difficult, because we do not know our future. I can only say that the best thing I learned from the Navodaya is to survive in any situation and condition, which made me down to earth, which is extremely different. The brand name of Navodaya was enough but if I compare our self and other friends from other schools, we find our self having some special qualities which make us an important member of our group. I am still proud to say that I was a student of Navodaya school, almost everybody in India know about Navodaya, whether it is in Bihar or in Rajasthan.
I was involved in almost all activities. I was an above average student and was a member of science, computer, art, and music clubs. This is one of the important advantages of the Navodaya which allow us to participate in all the fields. Apart from this, I learned a third language, Gujarati, which was not possible in the local school. But at the same time, I could not learn Sanskrit.
JNVR Play ground
Photo: Jiten Bhandari, Orkut

In my opinion, I have not faced so many problems during my days in Navodaya. Food at our school was good, not like home, but overall it was good. Most of the teaching staffs ware best teachers selected from all over the India. The main problems ware related to logistics like open toilets, bathroom.

The concept of Navodaya is very nice, to raise the poor intelligent students and teach them to a certain level so that they can have a good life and contribute to the development of a nation. I personally feel that Navodaya is doing a great job but the purpose is not solved completely. It puts a poor student in the middle of the river, if you have the boat, you can reach the end, if you don’t then …, and this is the problem faced by most of my friends. Some of my friends could afford to take the IIT, PET, PMT coaching classes and got admission in engineering. Some of my friends did not had enough money that time and compromised themselves to take the admission in the local college and some did not had money at all for the further studies. Just think, one poor student selected for Navodaya gets the education till 12th and after that has no money to continue his further studies and he will also not get the job after 12th. School should either arrange further studies for such poor students or arrange some special recruitment in defense services. It would be best choice for defense to get a student who is already used to independent life from his childhood.


The number of Navodaya students selected for engineering or medical are comparatively less, its not because students are poor in studies, it’s only because absence guided preparation. School should arrange some two months courses, after 12th exam, for the preparation of such examinations. Special Career oriented short courses should be offered.

In my school, boys and girls were discriminated; they were not allowed to do many things. I strongly suggest removing this difference. They should be discriminated up to a certain extent. After joining my university, I really had troubles speaking with other girls, at the same time other boys were talking very frankly. It took almost 3 years for me to come out of this problem.

Navodaya is not a good place for very poor students or for very rich students; it’s a best place for the intelligent student, who belongs to middles class family who can continue their further studies. I belonged to lower middle class family, it would be impossible for my father to afford me the class of education that I received from Navodaya.

I still dream sometimes that we had been called again to study in Navodaya and we are studying. When I go in my childhood days, I miss my life of Navodaya, where I had more freedom within the campus. I would like to acknowledge all of the teachers and friends for whom I have lot of respect and love.

I can conclude that I learnt many things from my school which makes me different among others in the way I approach the life but still I do not know what I could have learnt without it.

19 comments:

  1. Hi Vikas bhaiya, well said and truely said. Its Navodaya, who makes our existance in this real world completely different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vikas,
    Good to read your Navodaya story again...long time didn't hear it from you...I think you have re-iterated the story many many times to me and Nirvikar in PRL that both of us can write a huge novel on it !! Jokes apart, I truly understand the importance of Navodaya and how the experiences there have trained you to be very adjusting, understanding and capable. Keep it up !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi vikas ji,

    Nice to read ur feelings. R u the same Vikas Jain of 6th or 7th batch. Ur right that most of the JNV students rn't able to further their studies bcoz of lack of money or anything else. We can do something for such students. Everyone can't be a doctor or engineer and shouldn't be bcoz there is a lot of competition in these fields plus reservation. We can help guide these students to advance their careers in other fields like call centers and other ITES fields. Does gov provide any funds to develop infra for such entrepreneurs? What r ur thoughts about that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vikas Bhaiya,

    Thanks for this post, nice to read about old memories......
    I am from 99 batch passout..... dont know if u remember me or not.
    some questions\doubts about some of the above pics...

    1 is second pic of our first principal Mishra sir ?, I dont know them by face as when we took admission Jain sir was principal.
    2. Who is in third pic, Maheshwari sir ? I am not sure about this.
    3. Who else is there with Kedar sir ?

    Thanks for this nice post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEAH ... IN 2ND PIC THERE IS MISHRA SIR 1 ST PRINCIPAL OF OUR JNV RAJSAMAND

      S K JAIN WAS THE SECOND PRINCIPAL OF THE JNV RAJSAMAND

      YES IN 3RD PIC S K MAHESHWARI SIR IS THERE ... RIGHT NOW AS PRINCIPAL OF JNV NASIRABAAD AJMER

      RENU MATHUR MEDAM ... KEDAR JI SIR AND DINESH JI VYAS SIR ARE THERE

      Delete
  5. Dear JNV friends,

    Thanks for the comments.

    I am the Vikas Singh from 5th Batch, the batch having Sriniwas Singh chouhan, Vishal Jain, Pawan Jain, Pradhumnya singh, Ganesh Lal Khatik, Hariram Garasia, Dhuleshwar Meena and among girls Meena Sing, Sonal Jain etc

    About helping other sutends, surely we can help them...,

    About the pics
    1 is second pic of our first principal Mishra sir ?, YES HE IS MISHRA JI
    2. Who is in third pic, Maheshwari sir ? I am not sure about this.
    YES HE IS MAHESHWARI JI
    3. Who else is there with Kedar sir ?
    KEDAR SIR AND RENU MADAM, REST I DO NOT KNOW.

    if you have some photos, please send to me meravikas--at--gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Man !!!!

    I was simply touched by story and analysis ....

    I am speachless .........

    Thanks for posting ............

    - Vishal Jain ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post! but correction reqd...as sum othr schools share d same privilage(if it i at all is a priv.)e.g. jnv Ranchi-distt Ranchi... & i think dere will b many more....i spent 5 precious yrs of ma lyf in d insti , mine was also a g8 school a champ in all fields ....i myself represntd d school in many nationals,integration meets, adventure trips & was d topper..but den also sumwhere deep inside i still doubt if i m really proud of being a Navodiyan!!i left it after 10th for d best d.a.v. in d town...n was surprised 2 see dat in d same way dey were also very proud of being a davian ,dere teachers disciminated us 4 d jnv tag & often made fun of d jnvs 2 d extent dat v really felt guilty ...dat was an eyeopener....1 nostalgic fact is dat wenvr u meet any1 4m jnv s/he'll say dat his/her was d best jnv of d region...so u r no exception....a bunch of hypocrites....yeah!! ya but on open toilets & bath..u ppl really sound an exception...as i nvr heard dat b4....poor guys!!bdw i think dat d period of lyf calld ''adolescence is such an imp phase dat it really gets a spl place in ur memory lanes...agreed dat jnv added sum colors 2 ma lyf but it was not just bcoz of jnv but bcoz of d fact dat it got 2 b colorful due 2 sum reason or other & bcoz it was d only adolescence i had 2 pass thru in ma whole lyftime ...so no matters whether u r a jnv,kv,dav student u gonna feel g8..hmmm so dis doesnt mean dat my luv 4 my jnv is less in comparision 2 urs......in a true navodiyan spirit i also wanna say "mine was d best navodaya ever" butll say so bcoz it was an imp part of ma lyf & not bcoz it was a navodaya!! 4m "A WISH COME TRUE"

    ReplyDelete
  8. hope u undestand ma feelings .....dese r d true 1s ....bdw it was really a nice post 2 read.....which made ma memories really fresh....nothin personal!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi vikas me shriniwas writing from kochi,i am very touched by this .since you have said what i wanted to said to the whole world.i think harsha is saying right that each and every one whoever has come across us might be knowing each and everything about our school.
    even after leaving our school for almost 12 years i dream about those golden days i spent with you guys there.
    thank you for this .thanks
    shriniwas singh chouhan
    write at shriniwasmailbox@rediffmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. shriniwas, (I call him Niwas), was the gem of our batch, He was the only student, till 1997, who secured more marks in 12th then in 10th.

    ReplyDelete
  11. dear friend..its very nice to read it..i also started going back to my navodaya life of jnv sehore,mp..it feels very nice to hear any thing about navodaya...good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,

    Nice post!

    Kindly be the part of this alumni blog.

    http://navodayans.wordpress.com/


    rgds

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi vikas iam vijay bagora i was study in jnvr in 2006-2008 i filing good to know our JNV
    you can contact me on my email id vkbagora@gmail.com

    buy

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi i am shanker meghwal 1992 batch student. i read your coloumn that is true that navodaya had change our life, way of thinking &make ours all rounder. i knows u very well as wellas shri niwas sh arvind salvi sh deepak ghoghara sh. dhuleshwar meena. my classfellpws were op sargara op khatik lalit chauhan dungar singh rajkumar khatik amraram krishna kumar gopal nayak mamta madhu charita sunita.presently i am working as male nurse at chanderia lead zinc smelter HINDUSTAN ZINC LIMITED CHITTORGARH (RAJ) mob no. 9460827366 mail id shankermeghwal@yahoo.in Everybody can call me at above no.&mail for any help

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi vikas bhaiya,
    navodaya is a one of the base of our life, without it we can't move forward. So it is everything for us.
    Shiv choudhary

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i m navneet triapthi from 2010batch.jnvR gave me unforgatable dayssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  18. its the heaven wit everything valuable in it..

    ReplyDelete