Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Indian citizens resident abroad, How to register at nearest Indian mission/ post/ embassy/ consulate Milan

Have you gone through your passport completely after receiving in your hands? I hope yes, that is the reason you are here. The last page of the passport says that "Indian citizens resident abroad are advised to register themselves at the nearest Indian mission/post"

After reading this, you can have some questions in your mind
What is that registration?
What are the advantages of being registered Indian citizen abroad?

And you will think that it would be very useful to register as I thought the same.

So the simple question is, how you can do it?
There is no online way or link to register. You need to go to the nearest Indian mission (Rome or Milan in Italy) and fill up one form to register yourself. So you are registered in seconds....

Here I am going to write my real experience about my process of registration at Consulate General of India of Milano Via Larga, 16 20122 Milan, Italy

My experience at Milano:
One day, I personally went to Consulate General of India of Milano, When I asked for registration, they looked confusing and were not willing to do so but at the same time they could not deny. 
They did not know where is the registration form is kept; they took almost one hour to find one registration form for me.
I give him the filled form and he put in the bunch of all the papers, 
I asked him if they provide me any registration number.., He said Nooooooooooo
I asked him, what the use of this registration is; he said that I (me) should know it because I came to register. 

So I am sure that If I or you ask him the registration details of mine, one hour after I applied, our Indian embassy would not be able to provide you.

Conclusion:
It is not worth to register and loose your time as well as money to go to Milano or Roma for this purpose.

Reason:
Indian embassy in Italy is heavily loaded with the work, as lot of illegal immigrants would like to stay in Italy which is a headache for our embassy and consulates. 

7 comments:

  1. funny experience. kind of expected scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Common....what else do you expect from Indian Bureacrats?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is important to resgiter at consulate, this will help indian government to plan and act in case of any emergency situation. Victims get quick help

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a ton it was a very good help, now to register at nearest indian mission is easy with your guidance. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT IS THE ADDRESS FOR INDIAN MISSION POST IN NEW YORK, NY. IF ANY ONE KNOWS PLEASE INFORM ME AT NK1519@AOL.COM

    ReplyDelete
  6. apparently i have been trying to find the indian mission online in australia, and havent found one. its 2013.

    ReplyDelete