Monday, July 6, 2009

SBI transaction on 30-Nov-0019 for INTERNET BANKING, what is this for?

Recently I logged into my onlinesbi net banking of my SBI (State Bank of India) account. I was surprised to see that they have credited some money into my account for nothing.

The details of the suspicious transaction is
Date (Value Date): 30-Nov-0019 (30-Nov-0019)
Narration:
Ref. No.: INTERNET BANKING
Debit:
Credit: 630.00 Rs

Do you know what this is for??
At first instance I was happy to see that they credit my account because I use Internet banking, but I couldn't digest that why they would pay me. Then I tried to extract account statement, this transaction was not shown in the exported account statement.
I also checked with my other two friends, they also had the same transactions and some credit.

The year in the date 0019, is an ancient year (1990 years ago). Is this transaction for some online surety purpose?? I hope so.

Thankfully this transaction does not show any debit amount, otherwise it would have created panic amount SBI online users.

If you have not checked your SBI account, please check.

I really don't know, if any of you know about this, please discuss here.

Why SBI credited my account with some money on 30-11-0019? I am curious to know about it

4 comments:

  1. dude same here....still not sure abt the whole incident!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. m still unable to trace out details of the credited amount...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right Vikas, even I have checked my account it is credited with 894 rs, with same date i.e. 30-11-0019. this case has happened with alsomost every accountholder of SBI. it may be one kind of adjustment done by bank or it is just bug kind of thing which has occured with only online users .

    ReplyDelete
  4. why dont you email SBI, why making a fuss and curiosity???

    ReplyDelete